[Greenbuilding] chandelier bulb recommendation?

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:06:38 CST 2012

The light that is most often on in my house is a 5 bulb fixture in the
dining room (burning 40 watt mini-base tungsten presently). This is
the one fixture in the house that does not have CFLs in it. My wife
likes the warm look of tungsten, especially in this location, and i
have been unable to convince her to switch to CFLs. Also, they are
larger in size , and the shades that clip on each bulb may not fit.
The ideal bulb would be the same size as the tungsten bulbs, dimmable,
and a warm color. This may be a good opportunity to switch to LED's,
Any recommendations as to what bulbs to get and where to get them?
thanks!