[Greenbuilding] windows - flush vs recessed

Beatrice Dohrn Beatricedohrn at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 19:53:28 CST 2012

I love my recessed windows here in Eugene.  As long as you shave thick enough walls.  My house is Faswall with lime plaster,  so a little unconventional, but plenty of room to recess.   I have never understood the American attachment to flush windows.  That's not how a lot of the ancients did it....
It really is much more forgiving to set them in, in terms of leakage.... Haven't looked st yr link in terms of energy leakage.

Sent from my iPad