[Greenbuilding] Durisol, Faswall, Rastra

Larry Brydon lbrydon at reliancecomfort.com
Tue Jul 17 12:29:24 CDT 2012

We used Durisol block for the foundation in a demonstration build called the Archetype Sustainable House www.sustainablehouse.ca<http://www.sustainablehouse.ca> and found edging and consistency of the surface to be fine.  Though it was advertised that fasteners could be attached directly, we found they came loose when heavier hangers where attached ( display signs and flat screen tv's ) .  We parged the exterior but not the demising walls between the units and those walls leaked air through the joints during air tests.  Exterior walls that were parged were fine.

Larry Brydon LEED AP(r) BD+C
Reliance Home Comfort
2 Lansing Square
Toronto, ON