[Greenbuilding] Gas prices pressuring coal

Ken Beiser woodwrights at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 13 17:44:25 CDT 2012

The way I am seeing it today is that the global energy companies are pushing on all fronts under the political angle of reducing our (the US) dependence on foreign sources and they are really getting set to be energy exporters to countries where they can get better prices for their commodities.

The controversial pipeline from Canada through our country to the Gulf coast refineries is going to end up being for exporting!  It will benefit the Canadians (maybe), the pipeline companies, the refineries,  but probably not the US consumer.

There does not seem to be any case for preserving our resources for future domestic use or even a real attempt to leave it in the ground (or where-ever) for eternity....they want to increase production, export for higher returns, and dabble in alternative energy as a smokescreen.  Am I on-track or off-base?

Ken Beiser
Western Woodwrights
Whitefish, MT