[Greenbuilding] small in line heat pump

Don Lush donlush at uniserve.com
Thu Mar 22 14:09:29 CDT 2012

John- Following up on this I have operating separately from the HRV a whole
house HEPA system that circulates air from an open concept basement to all
upstairs rooms. It operates  up to 1000 cfm on high setting.

Are you aware of a "mini split" system in which the indoor coil is not in
the conventional wall mounted unit with its own fan and drain system, but
rather one that could be integrated into or is specifically designed to be
integrated into the HEPA or any other duct system designed to circulate air?

At present the whole house HEPA system draws air from a well- insulated walk
out "basement" (designed as a heat sink with all of the insulation (EPS R
30) on the outside of the concrete) and circulates it throughout the house
stabilizing temperatures and maintaining air quality. Having an in duct
"mini split" would allow supplemental heating and cooling of circulating air
on cold winter days and warm summer ones. I presently have a Fujitsu mini
split mounted on the basement wall but I think its ability to heat and cool
would be much more efficient integrated into the HEPA duct system.

Thanks Don