[Greenbuilding] multi-splits

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 10 10:02:10 CST 2012

Hi Richard,

Good point !  I'll keep my eyes open for any suspicious activity in the
area -- you know their agents are everywhere, even Long Island as we
speak. :-)

See:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/163071-long-islanders-welcome-ns-power-crews-in-their-own-special-way

We're forty-seven days into the current billing cycle and have consumed
622 kWh thus far for space heating, DHW, cooking (induction), major
appliances and plug loads -- an average of 12.23 kWh per day.  This same
forty-seven day period last year, we stood at 1,007 kWh or 21.42
kWh/day, so we're continuing to make good progress.

As noted before, the previous home owners in the year prior to our
purchase consumed 5,700 litres of fuel oil and 14,000+ kWh of
electricity.  We've basically eliminated oil altogether [for an annual
savings of some $6,200.00 before HST], and cut our electricity usage by
40 per cent.  Our twelve month rolling average is now running in the
range of 8,500 kWh per annum and falling.  I figure our new Nyle will
get us pretty close to the 7,000 mark, which will put our total
household usage at about 30 kWh per sq. metre, down from a whopping 323
kWh/m2 back in 2001.

Cheers,
Paul