[Greenbuilding] Cheap flooring

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 20 13:00:00 CST 2013

Sounds like fun - Having students and time you might want to consider end
grain floor (basically 2x offcuts). Little more durable and integrity than
the plywood (ply veneers wear badly) and can be left unfinished - also can
be reclaimed from construction sites. Used it in the entrance to a
restaurant as well as a few homes. One other option that used to be trendy
was mdf panels or strips with stain (or natural) with clearcoat.
Here is a link with a pic of the end grain blocks
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/end-grain-wood-floors-by-kaswe-55631

stationdesign
4465 UPHILL RD. DUNCAN BC V9L 6M7
PH  250-748-7672    FAX  250-748-7612