[Greenbuilding] voluminous wall cavities - limits to what one can reasonably dense pack with a cellulose blower?

Topher topher at greenfret.com
Sat Jun 22 09:48:30 CDT 2013

What sort of access will you have to the spaces when you are doing the fill?

1-1/4" gap sounds like the worst possible gap, wide enough to let a lot
of material through, not big enough to let pressure through to achieve
dense pack.  My thought would be to separate by bays instead of between
interior and exterior (as that only fixes the problem on one side).
Other options include, alternating the mesh between interior and
exterior, or offsetting the truss from the load bearing wall (which
helps reduce thermal bridging) and then alternating.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap