[Greenbuilding] PHPP Flow Rates

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Wed Mar 6 11:49:47 CST 2013

On 3/5/2013 9:48 PM, John Straube wrote:
> I don't want anyone to think that the 7.5 /person or 0.01/sq ft are chiseled in stone.  The approach of per person and per square foot is what I am advocating.  And those numbers have worked on huge numbers of homes. Those values could 8 and 0.015 or some variations.
> It is also assumed that a bath fan of intermittent boost capacity of 50-75 cfm per bathroom, and maybe 75-150 cfm per range to deal with local pollutants.
> I agree with John S: the F326 standard can be a problem, and often over ventilates (which we notice by complaints of overly dry indoors during cold weather).

I often make recommendations based on keeping the humidity in the house
such that the dew point is lower than would cause condensation on
surfaces or within the structure.  (Should that exceed fresh air
requirements, of course.)  I am going to add 7.5 /person + 0.01/ft^2 to
my other metrics.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--