[Greenbuilding] Perceptions of Nature & Reality

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Tue May 28 14:15:57 CDT 2013

I often talk about green building differently with different clients
depending on their priorities. My priority is the ecology of the planet but
I may achieve it differently. If the client doesn't care about saving money
or the planet then I speak about comfort, which leads me to lots of
insulation etc. If the client cares about saving money then I talk about
the energy savings of efficiency, which leads me to lots of insulation etc.
If the client cares about the planet I talk about the ethics of not
consuming fossil fuels, which leads me to lots of insulation etc.......You
get the picture. Could be insulation, green roofs, gray water, whatever. It
all can be framed in different ways without being dishonest or compromising
your own goals.

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA