[Greenbuilding] Heating?

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Thu Oct 17 04:47:27 CDT 2013

Interesting project...How are you insulating this contraption?  protecting
it from rain?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn <
info at ecobrooklyn.com> wrote:

> I have a Brooklyn client for whom we are assembling a bunch of shipping
> containers to make an art studio. Three containers on the bottom level and
> two on the top level with a central flight of stairs connecting the levels.
> It is minimally insulated, mostly because he is ok with some extreme temps
> in the studio and also he doesn't see the (R!) value in spending lots of
> money on insulation....I've at least got him to spending some....
>
> What non-gas heating would you suggest to keep the deep winter at bay?
> There is electric. There is a firewood supplier accross the way but that
> is neither here nor there in the big picture.
> For AC I am suggesting a couple window units given his budget and plans to
> only stay there 5 years, max ten.
> Gennaro Brooks-Church
> Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
> Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
> www.EcoBrooklyn.com
> 22 2nd St; Brooklyn, NY 11231

Alan Abrams*
**certified professional building designer, AIBD
certified passive house consultant, PHIUS*
*certified passive house builder, PHIUS**
*Abrams Design Build LLC
*sustainable design for intentional living*
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com