[Greenbuilding] Water heater blankets?!

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Wed Dec 3 14:55:23 CST 2014

Hot water tank insulation wraps are common at building supply stores,
here in Moose Country. They are nothing more than bubble wrap, with a
foil facing. The kits come with a cicular piece of foil-faced bubble
wrap for the top, and a rectangular piece to wrap the circumference of
the tank.
I'm pretty sure Topher's solution has way more effective R-Value, as
well as more petro chemicals.
The foil bubble wrap is a cheap and easy solution for DIY, however.

Frank

--
Frank Tettemer
Living Sol ~ Building and Design