[Greenbuilding] between a rock and a shoulder season

Grace Alden speireag at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:58:19 CDT 2014

Topher wrote:

> 'Green' electricity from the grid always strikes me as a bit of a
> scam.  Let's assume 1% of the electric mix is from renewables.  The
> electric company can charge up 1% of their customer base, a few extra
> cents per kWh without doing a thing.  Would you know if they were
> actually making that deal to 2% of their customer base?

	Additionally, I would bet dollars to pennies that electric companies sell “100% renewable” energy to their customers who want it, at a premium, and tout “X% renewable energy” to the rest of their customer base, where X reflects a percentage of generation and changes not one iota when the customer base who wants the renewable energy increases by a factor of ten.

Grace

--
If you don't pay your exorcist can you get repossessed?