[Greenbuilding] New Type of Chipboard

John Straube jfstraube at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 16 16:07:59 CDT 2014

Corn stover is routinely worked back into the soil as it increases the resistance to erosion and increase organic structure and potash.
Farmers who don't look forward more than a year or two will bale up stover and there have been plans for using this for biofuels and other products but none that I know has ever been widely adopted.
OSB is often made from fast growing small trees like Aspen and the trees are fairly sustainable : no fertilizer or pesticides just good management and patience. Not a huge problem that needs to be solved.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.