[Greenbuilding] Electric shock

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 14:14:29 CST 2015

I would not shock myself with ungrounded 110v intentionally, unless I were
looking for party tricks.
If you were doing it unintentionally more than 2 - 5 times per lifetime,
then you might want to address that, because you might also happen to be
grounded unintentionally. Apparently the worst is being grounded with one
hand, and touching the a.c. with the other, because the path goes right
through your heart area. Whether your hands were dry or moist would make an
enormous difference in the amount of current - easy to check this out
yourself with a 9V battery and a digital VOM meter ;-)
..................N

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Benjamin Pratt <benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All-
> Quite a bit of googling has not answered my question so I thought I'd ask
> here. If I shock myself on 110v current while ungrounded (wearing rubber
> soled shoes on a wood floor for instance), is it dangerous or harmful to my
> health? It doesn't really bother me much but many people seem to think it
> is really dangerous and harmful. I try to avoid being shocked, and have
> never been shocked while grounded, but I have been shocked while ungrounded
> numerous times without any lasting ill effects.
> Ben
>

> b e n j a m i n p r a t t
>
> professor art+design
> the university of wisconsin stout