[Greenbuilding] off-gassing and what if anything to do about it?

RON RANCOURT ronrancourt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:28:35 CDT 2015

I'd pull up the carpet and put in flooring that doesn't off-gas, starting
with the bedrooms.  If she wants the carpet, she should look into
post-disaster cleaning companies which may have a liquid solution to clean
a carpet with the goal of removing the smell.  But, this would only remove
any factory-dust.  I would think a sealer would at best push the problem
down the road, and at worst introduce more problems.

Ron