[Greenbuilding] insulating cinder block walls?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:41:23 CST 2015

I'm building a small sound-insulated shed interior footprint: 36"x45" to
house some dust collection equipment. Three of the six sides of this box
will be insulated: the one shared with the building it is adjacent to, the
floor, and the ceiling. Of the three remaining walls, one will be a weather
stripped door. The last two are 6" cinder block which I plan to fill with
fine gravel. The 5hp motor which powers this dust collection is expected to
produce some heat, and the air drawn into the shed will be pretty much
immediately exhausted back into the shop space, so any insulation I might
add would be primarily to reduce heat loss of this air-passing-through,
more than the air in the shed while the dust collection isn't running. I'm
thinking of installing a baffle on the return port to help this be so.
Given those parameters do any of you think it worth adding some type of
insulation to the cinder block walls?

Thanks very much.