[Greenbuilding] Water heater timer energy savings?

Antonioli Dan solardan26 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 21:11:26 CDT 2016

There’s only so much insulation value you can get per application. I don’t have the “calories” per calculation, but insulation has its diminishing returns. 14-16” of ceiling insulation is about all you’re going to get from that application….some people think that if you keep going up into 2-3 feet that you’ll get more energy savings and it’s not true. That said I won’t want to go down an insulation rabbit hole. The post, once again, is about digital timers and integrated watt meters. If you want to start another discussion about insulation please do.

Dan