[Greenbuilding] best practice

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:42:34 CDT 2016

A good guy and relatively young architect (in his 40s, 'young' by my
standards), tells me it is not worth taking off the siding of an old 1883
house to add insulation and an air space to the outside.  He says the added
expense is not worth the additional insulation. That the extra R-value
above R 23 in walls is thermodynamically not money well spent as long as
the house is very tightly constructed in the retro-fit.

The siding is original and in very good shape.  The interior has full
dimensioned 2x4 walls.  The rooms are too small for me to want to build a
double wall on the interior.

What he suggests I do is simply used closed cell foam between the wall
framing.

I would appreciate your comments please.

Sacie