[Greenbuilding] dense pack cellulose in open bays: mesh recommendations

home-nrg home-nrg at dnaco.net
Wed Mar 30 20:42:10 CDT 2016

Reuben,

I'm not current on a finer mesh but a single hole and tubing
the cavity makes more sense to me.

Most of the contractors I have contact with are damp
spraying into open cavities, then leveling to the stud face
with a rotating gang brush.  Unfortunately, this requires
additional equipment to inject the water into the stream of
cellulose.

In spite of the small amount of moisture added, I also
question whether sufficient drying time is allowed before
closing the walls.

Bob Klahn