[Greenbuilding] innovative solution sought

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:59:04 CDT 2016

I have used hurricane ties (the ones that look a bit like a bowtie) to
secure 2x4s running perpendicular to the rafters (horizontal), leaving a
small gap between the rafters and these 2x4s. I reused existing ~R-30 and
R-13 fiberglass batts running perpendicular and sheetrocked the inside. I
have been very pleased with the result. Not sure if this could provide some
ideas for your situation but perhaps.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Sacie Lambertson <sacie.lambertson at gmail.com