[Greenbuilding] translucent material needed

Koehn Chris chris at koehn.com
Sat Jul 1 15:22:54 CDT 2017

Back in the dark ages when I worked for Pella we had these things called Double Glazing Panels. They were simply sheets of single strength glass in a gasketed aluminum frame with clips that corresponded with receiving slots in the window’s frame. Something similar could be home built by locating pivot clips on the window frame itself and by applying a peel and stick gasket to either the glass or the frame. No metal channel required. The gasket (and a good seal) are essential so that moist air can’t flow into the space and condensate in cooler weather.
We use an adhesive glass obscuring plastic sheet to make glass translucent. It’s available at home improvement stores. Pretty easy to work with and cheap. Although ordering (or making) sandblasted glass is pretty cheap too in the big scheme.

Chris
Van Isle