[Greenbuilding] Unifoam vs Plastispan

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Tue Oct 3 23:42:44 CDT 2017

Thanks, John.

Frost protected shakkow foundation, yes. but not t a purchased "system"
for cost and delivery time issues. Am planning to construct my own, Soil
is a mixture of sand and sandy loam. Land around me is damp, although
the previous cottage had a crawl space that was dry.  Those are the
concerns with regard to insulation. Because the perimeter (and a centre
"channel" that is to support an interior load bearing  wall have to be
30psi, I will glue a 25 psi skirt around the perimeter, with additional
width at each corner.

Lynelle

On 2017-10-03 11:00 PM, John Salmen wrote:

> Depends on perimeter depth. Are you doing a frost protected
> foundation? Or are the footings below freezing and fully wrapped?
> consideration on the perimeter and bridging. I’ve typically gone R20
> on slab but R30 on perimeter.

---