[Greenbuilding] Just BioFiber Block

john salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 3 16:01:36 CDT 2019

Indirectly – I had to visit a building in my region where hemp block was used with clay render and the building was incredibly wet and proved hard to dry out (to the point that it swelled wooden windows and doors) there was also a fine surface mold that had developed.

Products with hemp (like most) need to dry properly and thoroughly – which still begs the question of exterior renderings over hempblock similar to straw. I’ve not spent any time researching this as I don’t think it is an appropriate material for my climate.

Best

John

stationdesign

4465 UPHILL RD DUNCAN