[Digestion] waste water ->was-> Re Digestate as fertilizer

Joshua Bogart joshua.bogart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:49:10 CST 2010

Be careful there, depending on which country you are in your soaps can be
very harmful to your bacteria, I know here in Honduras, the solid dish and
laundry soap contain some clorine, while in the USA it is hard to get a hand
soap which is not anti-bacterial. I would be very careful what soaps you are
using if you are going to use your grew water in a digester.

As far as I know traditional Glycerin based soaps shouldn't cause you any
problems, but there are probably some members who know better than me on
this topic

My biggest problem with the systems I worked on here in Honduras, was the
overuse of antibiotics, by the local population, which made ti hard to run
latrine waste to digesters.

--
Joshua D Bogart
Program Coordinator