[Digestion] waste water ->was-> Re Digestate as fertilizer

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:32:12 CST 2010

Dear Mr. Bogart,
I did not recommend to use the grey water in a biogas digester. I advised to
use it for irrigating plants, the leaves of which would be fed into a biogas
plant.
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Joshua Bogart <joshua.bogart at gmail.com>wrote:

> Be careful there, depending on which country you are in your soaps can be
> very harmful to your bacteria, I know here in Honduras, the solid dish and
> laundry soap contain some clorine, while in the USA it is hard to get a hand
> soap which is not anti-bacterial. I would be very careful what soaps you are
> using if you are going to use your grew water in a digester.
>
> As far as I know traditional Glycerin based soaps shouldn't cause you any
> problems, but there are probably some members who know better than me on
> this topic
>
> My biggest problem with the systems I worked on here in Honduras, was the
> overuse of antibiotics, by the local population, which made ti hard to run
> latrine waste to digesters.
>

> --
> Joshua D Bogart
> Program Coordinator
> Trees for the Future
> Siguatapaque HN
> Barrio Macaruya, Calle, 21 de Agosto
> cellular (504) 9696-3700
> home/casa 740-1060

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

*Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *