[Digestion] Biogas electric generator

David Fulford davidf at kingdombio.com
Fri Nov 19 04:55:11 CST 2010

Vianney Tumwesige, Hello,

There are biogas engine suppliers in India and China. Do you want
dual-fuel or gas engines? Dual-fuel engines use some diesel to provide
compression ignition, while gas engines are diesel engines with a spark
plug. Most gas engine suppliers in Europe or USA provide much larger
systems (200 kW or bigger).

One biogas project I know in India purchased an engine from: Prakash
Diesels Pvt. Ltd.  (www.prakash-india.com
<http://www.prakash-india.com>). The company were very helpful. In
China, Puxin Science and Technology Co.Ltd seem to be good
(www.puxinbiogas.com <http://www.puxinbiogas.com>). They have an agent
in Kenya: Kenya Puxin Renewable Energy Co.,Ltd, P. O. Box 1051-20300
Nyahururu, Ms. Martha Kagiri, + 254 725 858 775, 0720957881.

I would like to hear more about your project. Have you built other
biogas systems in Uganda? I have contacts who are keen to see biogas
technology develop in Uganda.

Regards,

David F

On 19/11/2010 05:35, Vianney Tumwesige wrote:
> Digestion fans,
>
> I am costing and sizing a system which will be fed daily with 1350kg
> of solid waste (from 600 pigs) mixed with 1350l of water. The ‘water’
> can be the runoff from cleaning the pig sties, or some of the effluent
> coming from the expansion chamber. I expect to recommend a 130m3
> biogas system which would generate 115 m3 of biogas daily, this
> translates into 60 kwh of electricity. Any ideas or contacts for
> companies distribution biogas generators?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Vianney Tumwesige
> Director - Green Heat (U) Ltd Picture
> P.O. Box 10235
> Kampala-Uganda
> 256 (0) 71 237 9889
>
> "The more people are self sufficient in cooking fuel, the more
> personal and financial freedom they have." - Emma Casson
>

> <http://trustvianney.wordpress.com/>

Dr David Fulford CEnv MEI, 15, Brandon Ave, Woodley, Reading RG5 4PU
d.j.fulford at btinternet.com <mailto:d.j.fulford at btinternet.com>, Tel:
+44(0)118 326 9779 Mob: +44(0)7746 806401
Kingdom Bioenergy Ltd, www.kingdombio.com <http://www.kingdombio.com>,
davidf at kindombio.com <mailto:davidf at kindombio.com>