[Digestion] Compressing of biogas

Harold leffertstra haroldleffertstra at yahoo.no
Tue Nov 23 04:49:36 CST 2010

hello
Got a question from the owner of a small biogass plant in Tanzania.
He is expanding a small existing biogas plant to be able to digest waste from 200 households and manure from 100 cows.
He is interested in using the biogas for fueling vehicles. In our part of the world we think it will be necessary with cleaning, uppgrading of the gas and compressing.
Do any of you have experience/ideas about whether this is feasible for such a small plant?
1)What is necessary to use the biogas for fueling vehicles and 2) what are the technical and economical consequences?
Thank you
Harold Leffertstra
Senior Advisor
Norwegian Climate and Pollution Agency