[Digestion] Compressing of biogas

Voegeli, Yvonne Yvonne.Voegeli at eawag.ch
Tue Nov 23 06:37:45 CST 2010

Dear Harold

In the developing countries context, I don't know of any biogas plant that is using the gas as a fuel for vehicles. However, the Indian Institute of Technology IIT in Delhi is doing research on biogas bottling and they run a demonstration vehicle on biogas. I will send you a paper and a ppt-presentation to your private email address. There is information on the capacity of the biogas plant, cost estimates etc. A colleague who works at IIT told me that one problem with the biogas fuel is that the bottle is very heavy and takes a lot of space in the car, but still you don't get very far with just one bottle.  And of course there are no other filling stations... The same is of course true for Tanzania - I don't think that at the moment this would be feasible.

Best regards,
Yvonne