[Digestion] Co-digestion

Jean-Luc Sallustro jean-luc.sallustro at eventure-international.com
Thu Nov 25 03:32:02 CST 2010

Hy all !

We are working on a specific application of AD (plugflow, themophilic, 3
phases) enabling the co digestion of poultry litter (PLb) (broilers),
grease trap residues (GTR) , and ... acid condensate (AC)
Co digestion of PLb and GTR is not "welle known" or studied but there
are still some available data we can work on. However even if we have
some experience with AC digestion we where unable to find scientific
papers related to codigestion of AD with ... any organic matter. For
those not very aware with sugar or beat distillation by-products, AD is
the effluent coming from evapo concentration process of vinasse
(Concentrated molasses solubles processing), pH 2,2 >3,4 with mainly
weack organic acid such as propionic, butyric, acetic, COD 8000 mg/l to
15 000 mg/l temp 80°C
Our purpose at this stage of the project is to try modelising the co
digestion before to begin with a laboratory testing protocol (with our
own AD prototype).
All information, help or ... questions are welcome !
regards

Jean-Luc Sallustro
Eng.

e.venture Ltd