[Digestion] newcomer

Ken Calvert renertech at xtra.co.nz
Fri Oct 1 03:10:41 CDT 2010

Rolf, Hi!  I haven't had handson exerience but I know it can be done!  Our
local freezing works does just that.
Everything in together and the story was that they saved $1000.00 a day in
fuel costs to dry the slipe wool and something else.  What they did was put
everything into a
very large tank and fermented it to break down the fat before they put it
into the digester.  Believe it or not but they mixed that tank with
compressed air.  Then they
kept taking off the soluble stuff. That allowed them to run their digester
as UASB and at ambient temperatures.
And this is in the very south of New Zealand. Howzat!
Where are you working?   Ken C.