[Digestion] (no subject)

Arturo Ávalos afal2906 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:19:04 CDT 2010

Hello Igor.
Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply.
What does it means that "the biogas plant works normally"? I mean, does
exist a paramater , besides the H2S contect, to check if the plant is
running correctly? Or what we have to do to assure that we won´t have the
problem?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

2010/10/5 Igor Škrjanec <igor.skrjanec at gmail.com>

>  Na 4.10.2010 20:15, Arturo Ávalos je pisal:
>
>  Hello all
>

> Does someone know something about use ferric chloride to reduce the sulfur
> content in the biogas?
>
> Thanks for the information
>

> * *
>
> Arturo

> Hallo Arturo
>
> Ferric chloride is normally use for a neutralizations of H2S. Hydrogen
> sulfide is slightly soluble in water and acts as a weak acid<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_acid>,
> because of this is harmful for a CHP unit.
>
> H2S is a product of sulfate-reducing bacteria<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfate-reducing_bacteria>which are also present in biogas reactor. Sulfate-reducing
> bacteria <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfate-reducing_bacteria> use
> present sulfats from substrates to oxidize the organic matter.
>
> Hydrogen sulfide reacts with metal ions to form metal sulfides<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfide>(H
> 2S + FeCl2 → FeS + 2 HCl). Iron sulfide is not soluble and it is not
> problematic for a biogas process and CHP unit.
>
> When biogas plant works normally hydrogen sulfide is not problematic,
> because of its oxidation with aerobic bacteria to elementary sulphur.
>

>  Bye
>
> Igor

Arturo