[Digestion] Costs of different household biodigesters

Eric Buysman ericishier at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 21:47:36 CDT 2010

Dear all,

The investment costs (part paid by the farmer) in Cambodia are as follows:

Plant size 4 m3 6 m3 8 m3 10 m3 15 m3
Estimated cost   (USD)* 400 470 550 625 890
Subsidy (USD) 150 150 150 150 150

The digester model is a modified version of the  Deenbandhu digester, a fixed
dome digester. The digester have a 2 year warranty and last typically for 15-20
years.

On top of that users receive a flat rate subsidy of $150, which originates from
carbon finance. The program costs are, I believe, now $250 per biogas plants.
This is a joint SNV- Cambodian government programme.

In Vietnam the costs are almost 1 million VND per m3, that is around $50/m3
digester volume, on top of that farmers receive a flat rate $50 subsidy. Their
digester model is based on the Chinese dome digester.

Cheers,

Eric