[Digestion] Costs of different household biodigesters

David david at h4c.org
Tue Sep 28 22:13:04 CDT 2010

Ivo,

On 9/28/2010 10:50 AM, Ivo Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if anyone knows or have a good estimate of the
> cost of the following small scale biodigesters:
>
> 1- Plug-flow polyethylene biodigester type (like the ones in
> Bolivia) (between 1-10 m3).... I don't know if it's possible to
> build one with such small size like 1m3

I am presently producing a transitional design for a plastic bag
digester-- it needs to mature and develop some-- but the aim is low
cost, and my 0.75 cu m units presently cost about $15 in parts, $20 in
labor (US prices).

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water.       But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/