[Digestion] Biogas conversation rates

Eric Buysman ericishier at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:25:53 CST 2011

Dear Alexander, dear all,

Even without subsidies on fossil fuel extraction and processing, you could argue
that fossil fuels are artificially cheap as nobody pays for the full cost. The
full cost would include all the externalities that are currently not paid for,
for instance, pollution, political unrest, climate change, smog and all the
related health costs.

Then, as suggested to take an holistic perspective, it is those people in the
third world, who do not pollute, are stuck with the consequences of climate
change to the greatest degree. That might even be the same people that have a
hard time making a living in the third world because of our subsidies on certain
crops.

Hence, when taking a holistic perspective, considering externalities, there is a
good case to assume that fossil fuels are artificially cheap.