[Digestion] Environmentalists Anti-AD Issues

Steven Bolgiano steven at planetfound.com
Wed Jun 15 10:51:19 CDT 2011

Alan,
Thanks so much! I will take every bit of mentoring this terrific group
is willing to provide.
Yes our website is still stuck in it's "concept design", as I have been
busy absorbing all the science education I can.
I am a design engineer, who with others (even less informed than me!) in
my community have decided to take the lead and actually do something
other than political posing.

I've already researched some local poultry producer's feed since
writing, and so far none have arsenic. So I'm hoping the arsenic comment
was more hysteria.

Our goal is to build our 6,000 gallon poultry prototype and produce
results before confronting  various parties who will ultimately involve
themselves one way or another. ... So that we have an active example to
go with the types of information you so correctly suggest. Unfortunately
too much advance promotion of our project could hurt it.

We have the challenge of  a real mix of serious issues like arsenic in
feed, phosphate runoffs into bays and streams, with misinformation that
could oppose the AD solution.
We need to be aware of what possible green rhetoric is coming our way
that would oppose AD.

We do have supporters. Tomorrow our university's research team is coming
with laboratory created innoculum for our 350 gallon "mini-prototype",
and to observe our very successful solar heated tank system. So we will
be loading chicken poop finally!

Thanks so much group. I really want to stick with utilizing this list to
learn my science. But thanks for the responses to these other issues.

Steven

--
Steven Bolgiano
Executive Director