[Digestion] 3-nitro inhibitor?

T-ReX terrence.sauve at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:46:52 CDT 2011

Hi Steven,
I am not familiar with the arsenic in poultry feed. However I feel
that if 3-Nitro is used as parasitic control in the guts of the
chicken and for other growth benefits, do we how would it react with
methanogens?
Rumensin and similar methanogenic inhibitors can give a hit to
un-acclimated AD systems and cause unbalance in the biology depending
its diet.

Do a batch test (BMP) or a Anaerobic Toxicity Assay (ATA) to figure
out if the compound is present enough to cause an issue to the AD
process. There is a bioresource engineering department in one of
Maryland's university that could probably help you to set it up.

I didn't have the time to look at the literature for the toxicity concentration.
Terrence