[Digestion] Environmentalists Anti-AD Issues

Steven Bolgiano steven at planetfound.com
Wed Jun 15 18:48:49 CDT 2011

Wow. I like this group more and more.
I'll submit one more time on this and then go back to begging the group
to be spoon fed the science I need to achieve some sanity for my small
piece of the planet. I am 60 years old, and this is me enjoying local
water: http://www.planetfound.com/surfing

My friends, neighbors, family and I became tired of watching the
bureaucracy, the farmer, and the environmentalists bang each other over
the heads like some old time silent film comedy. No solutions, only
finger pointing, misinformation, with real information held hostage by
red tape.
We decided if our grandchildren have any chance of enjoying the
magnificent waters surrounding our region, we better not wait on the system.
Is it any wonder there are only 158 registered agricultural AD systems
in the United States? And the 5 that are for poultry are mismatched for
99.9 % of the poultry farms.

So with all the naivete of a village idiot we have decided as a
community group we will take responsibility and struggle to learn what
you folks seem to do so effortlessly. So far we are pursuing groupings
of 6,250 gallon, solar heated bladders, ... batch loaded 5 times a year.
We have a design, we have fabricators for the bladder tanks, gas bags
and what may be a very revolutionary approach to solar heating water,
... also using pumps run from solar panels.
That's the mechanical. But the science we need to get much better at
understanding. And part of that is the original intent of this thread,
which is to prepare for the resistance of those with their own agendas,
to respond with scientific fact.

Thanks so much for this list. I've learned more in a month here than in
6 months plowing through journals on my own.
If anyone of you gets to the Mid-Atlantic coast please be my guest
....we have wild horses on our islands, seafood galore, and wonderful
waters everywhere. Hopefully it will stay that way.

OK back to the science for me .... I want to know more about temperature
fluctuations and the affect on free ammonias (and what is  free ammonia!).

Thanks,
Steven

--
Steven Bolgiano