[Digestion] Biogas appliances survey

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 21:25:03 CDT 2011

Dear Oliver,
we use a 1.5 kW petrol driven electricity generator on biogas. The
generator is first started on petrol and then we switch it over to
biogas, so that after about 5 minutes it is using only biogas and no
petrol. The electricity generator is used only as a demonstration,
because we have to pay a tax on self-generated electricity.We also run
a 3.5 horse power diesel engine on biogas, using a mixture of about
20% diesel and 80% biogas. We use the diesel engine for making char
briquettes.
Yours
A.D.Karve