[Digestion] flame lifting

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Mar 31 17:06:09 CDT 2011

G'day Deepak et al,

The link just suggested (which has section on flame lift - you don't really
need all the equations) confirms my initial response that the gas speed it
too high, so you either need to reduce the supply pressure (just close the
tap a bit) or reduce the gas jet size (and hence the stove heat output) or
increase the burner hole size to reduce the gas velocity (the last approach
keeps/increases the heat output).

Happy digesting,
HOOROO

Mr. Paul Harris, Room 202 Charles Hawker Building, Faculty of Sciences, The
University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB 1, Glen Osmond SA 5064 Ph    : +61
8 8303 7880      Fax   : +61 8 8303 4386
mailto:paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/paul.harris

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.