[Digestion] flame lifting

Deepak D. G. ghindwani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:31:27 CDT 2011

Dear listeners,

I would like to consult on a issue of flame lifting.

I have installed 8 floating digesters and all are working well and the
gas production is also very good.

The only issue I have right now is the flame lifting issue, specially
with the latest installation. The latest installation, in a village in
Bali,   has a capacity of 1000 liter gas tank and the distance between
the structure and the stove is about 20 meters. I used a combination of
a plastic tube and pvc of equal size and that is 1/2".

I can not get the flame burned immediately above the surface of the
burner but it is lifting. I have tried the same stove at home in which
the distance between the  biogas and the  stove is about 8 meters and
the flame is stable  and not lifting.

Can anybody suggest solutions to this issue? thanks

Rgds,
Deepak