[Digestion] Growing Algae from biogas CO2 and digestate liquor

Wayne Zschech waynezschech at calvarychapel.com
Fri Oct 14 00:53:15 CDT 2011

G'day all,

Can someone point me in the right direction about how to set up biogas
(CO2), CHP heat and digestate liquor for algae growing?  I am also looking
for info on easy to grow, fast growing algae strains that we can use as
animal/fish feed or other easily useable/sellable products.

Biogas isn’t really well known in Ukraine. I would really like to show
people visiting my test digester how biogas technology can be integrated
into other useful areas.  We're thinking that a little green house next to
thr reactor with algae and a fish tank would be an interesting proof of
concept.

Where can I find information on what nutrients are in the liquor from
different feedstocks? And which algae would grow on them best would also be
appreciated. Also what of obstacles or limiting factors can I expect to
encounter?

Biogas feedstock will be mainly restaurant food waste.  We have access also
to pig manure and grass clippings and green waste.

Blessings,
Wayne