[Digestion] Advice on medium scale biodigester installers in Uganda

Oliver Kynaston oliver.kynaston at shambatechnologies.com
Thu Feb 23 07:42:49 CST 2012

Dear list,

I have been asked by an old colleague of mine to help find out
some information about biodigester installers in Uganda. I am working on
small-scale biogas in Tanzania but don't have a very good idea what is
happening over the border. The project is for an orphanage (
http://www.nserester.org) in Masaka which is an hour and a half south of
Kampala, and they are in need of some general advice of what is available
in that area.

Their waste stream is an adjacent pig farm which houses (on hard floor)
approximately 300 pigs year round.

Their primary requirement is to heat and light a series of chicken brooders
holding 6000 chicks 24hrs a day, they are currently using kerosene for
this. I'm afraid I don't have climate information about the site or the
dimensions of the brooders. In addition they would like to have 3 or 4
biogas lamps to provide security at night and if possible use any left over
gas for cooking in the canteen.

If anyone could help put me in touch with some local biogas companies/NGOs
I will forward on the details.

Best regards,

Oliver

--