[Digestion] Advice on medium scale biodigester installers in Uganda

Vianney Tumwesige trustvianney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:14:07 CST 2012

Dear Oliver,

Green Heat Uganda Ltd has experience in building these systems (small).
More information can be found on  http://greenheatug.wordpress.com/ We will
be waiting for an email.

Kind regards

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Oliver Kynaston <
oliver.kynaston at shambatechnologies.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have been asked by an old colleague of mine to help find out
> some information about biodigester installers in Uganda. I am working on
> small-scale biogas in Tanzania but don't have a very good idea what is
> happening over the border. The project is for an orphanage (
> http://www.nserester.org) in Masaka which is an hour and a half south of
> Kampala, and they are in need of some general advice of what is available
> in that area.
>
> Their waste stream is an adjacent pig farm which houses (on hard floor)
> approximately 300 pigs year round.
>
> Their primary requirement is to heat and light a series of chicken
> brooders holding 6000 chicks 24hrs a day, they are currently using kerosene
> for this. I'm afraid I don't have climate information about the site or the
> dimensions of the brooders. In addition they would like to have 3 or 4
> biogas lamps to provide security at night and if possible use any left over
> gas for cooking in the canteen.
>
> If anyone could help put me in touch with some local biogas companies/NGOs
> I will forward on the details.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Oliver
>
> --
> Oliver Kynaston
> Director - Shamba Technologies Ltd.
> www.shambatechnologies.com
> +255 (0) 688 494785

Vianney Tumwesige
Director - Green Heat (U) Ltd  [image: Picture]
P.O. Box 10235
Kampala-Uganda
256 (0) 71 237 9889

"The more people are self sufficient in cooking fuel, the more personal and
financial freedom they have." - Emma Casson

 <http://trustvianney.wordpress.com/>