[Digestion] slurry from Potassium hydroxide catalyzed glycerin

Andrew Ward andrew.ward at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jan 4 16:33:02 CST 2012

I am currently doing my phd studies on high salinity digestion under the supervision of David Lewis and Paul Harris. I am currently digesting marine micro algae at a salinity of 7% (2 x seawater) I am getting good gas production and results loom positive. I have undertaken DGGE community profiling of the bacterial community and have isolated several high salinity methanogen bacteria that tolerate high salinity. I will be running several bio methane potential assays looking at co- digestion of glycerine bi-products from biodiesel production. I will keep you informed of my results and journals were results will be published.
             Cheers Andrew

Sent from my iPhone