[Digestion] Biogas production

David david at h4c.org
Tue Nov 13 17:28:54 CST 2012

On 11/12/2012 11:44 PM, Takamoto wrote:
> Dear Biogas List,
>
> I have been testing a plastic (LLDPE) floating drum digester with
> cow dung and found that the biogas production was lower than
> expected... I discovered that our dung supplier had recently used
> the antibiotic Tetracycline for a few of his cows...

      Effect of oxytetracycline on biogas production and active
      microbial populations during batch anaerobic digestion of cow manure

Abstract: "...Control serum bottles [in 120 mL serum bottles for 30
days with a working volume of 40 mL] produced 255 ± 13 mL biogas,
whereas 50--60 % inhibitions were obtained for the serum bottles
operated with samples collected for the 5 days after medication."

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water.   But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/