[Digestion] Large scale Biodigestion plants

Jones, Robin (Matomo) RobinJ at brmatomo.co.za
Mon Oct 29 03:57:56 CDT 2012

I have been engaged in the development of a few bio digestion plants in the Southern Africa Region over the past 2 years. Up until now we have investigated CSTR and Lagoon technologies which have both proven to be water as well as effluent intensive relative to local climatic conditions and environmental legislation. These large scale applications typically have multiple feed streams such as Cattle & Chicken Manure, Vegetable and Fruit waste, Chicken DAF and other Abattoir waste streams ( e.g. Fatrap). Considering the water and effluent constraints mentioned, I am aware of other technologies that may be better suited to our specific needs (e.g. Dry Type / Batch Digestion). I would be interested in receiving information on Digestion technologies that can provide significantly lower water consumption thereby also reducing effluent volumes and Capital cost to clean water for safe return to the environment.

To view our Email Legal Notice and Disclaimer, please follow the link below. http://mail30.mimecast.co.za/mimecast/site?account=CSA15A9&code=13eed6d99d937f48f73ce71ae98f821e