[Digestion] Large scale Biodigestion plants - Dry vs Wet

Terrence Sauve terrence.sauve at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:02:30 CDT 2012

Hi Robin,
The dry vs wet debate may re-ignite!

What I would assert for your planned AD system is a fairly wet mixture from
the start. Generally cheaper to keep it the way it comes out of the
digestate pipe. Dry would be nice, but who would come to build your plant
and at what cost?

If you could find resellers of Kompogaz, BECON or Dranco, it would be good
for you. I'm only aware of CEM Engineering that did some AD work in S.
Africa, but its a liquid system.

Have you considered a solid-liquid digestate seperator combined with UF and
flocculation system?
Give us more info on size or scale and amounts of feedstock coming in. If
its still the case for grid connection deadlines in Germany, engineering
firms may be looking for work past that deadline and most of them have an
internationnal portfolio. Foremost, they are always interested to work in
countries where the waste stream is full somewhat free organic waste to
digest - why send to a landfill!

Good luck
Terrence

Today's Topics: