[Digestion] Large scale Biodigestion plants - Dry vs Wet

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 01:22:32 CDT 2012

G'day All,

May I suggest we adopt the terms "solid digestion" (for substrates that
won't flow, moved by front end loader) and "liquid digestion" for the
more conventional pumpable substrates - all anaerobic digestion needs
moisture, only the amount varies! There is no such thing as "dry"
digestion as drying is a method of stopping degradation. If we can't get
reasonable terminology ourselves how is the general public going to
understand what we are up to?

Happy digesting,
HOOROO

Mr Paul Harris BEng (Ag) (Melbourne)