[Digestion] Sugar feedstock

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:04:50 CST 2013

Dear Tony,
I was the one who invented the urban household biogas plant which uses
food waste as feedstock. This plant can produce biogas from starch,
sugar, cellulose, fat, digestible protein or a combination of these
ingredients. Your figures show that you have access to daily about 7
to 10 kg sugar. You would need a floating dome type of biogas plant
having digester capacity of 10 cubic meters and gas holder capacity of
about 7 to 8 cubic meters. In India, we can buy plastic water tanks of
these capacities. We sell a video CD which shows, step by step, how to
construct a biogas plant from two plastic water tanks. Thousands of
people have constructed their own biogas plants by following our
instructions.
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Tony Dovey <td at tiscali.co.za> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I have read with keen interest about the Indian sugar/starch digester being
> punted by ARTI.
>
> We have access to between 200 –300kg sugar sweepings a month and am very
> keen to build a floating drum type digester.
>
> Does anyone have any practical experience of using stock standard sugar as a
> feedstock?
>
> Regards
>
> TD
>

> --
> dangerous content by Pinpoint Securemail,
> and is believed to be clean.

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)